Your domain registration is pending. Check back in an hour
Posted on Jul 14, 2021

Lacie Bowden Law

Divorce Attorney in Pensacola

Need to MODIFY your Divorce?

What Types of Events Qualify for Post-Divorce Modification?

Anyone who wants to modify a Florida divorce decree is required to show that there has been an unanticipated, substantial change in circumstances since the decree was entered. Florida law specifies that this would have to be a permanent and material change that wasn’t anticipated at the time of the divorce.

You may be able to get the courts to modify terms of your child support, custody, or alimony agreements depending on your circumstances. Some of the events that might qualify for a post-divorce modification include:

A substantial change in income (usually 15% or more) or in the ability to make payments
An unavoidable increase in health insurance or other healthcare costs for children or parents
One parent moving a substantial distance from the other
Remarriage or cohabitation of a spouse that is receiving alimony

Don't do it alone. Call Lacie Bowden for a free half hour consultation.

67 Bay Bridge Dr
Gulf Breeze, FL 32561
(850) 565-5128
Get quote
Message sent. We'll get back to you soon.